Loading...

'Why I Came out as a Lesbian'- Charly Boy's Daughter Dewy Oputa Reveals

'Why I Came out as a Lesbian'- Charly Boy's Daughter Dewy Oputa Reveals


Dewy Oputa the Daughter of Charly Boy who came out as a Lesbian's Few Days ago has revealed why she finally came out, and how hard it was for her parents to accept her Sexuality, The US Based While speaking with Sunday Scoop, Dewy said she shared the post because she got tired of hiding and decided it was time to live in her truth.


She said:
for creating a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer platform is to provide a safe place for youths in the African community. I strive to create an accepting and welcoming community where everyone is free to express themselves and be loved for who they are. I want a place where individuals such as myself can create authentic friendships and thrive as the person they were born to be.”

Charly Boy’s Daughter, Dewy, however, admitted that it was not easy for her parents when she revealed her sexuality to them:

“I can’t pinpoint the exact age I found out about my sexuality, but I was much younger. When I came out to my parents, it took them a while to adjust but my happiness comes first. I don’t feel bad about the negative comments my sexuality post has generated. I knew Nigerians would always have negative things to say and I was mentally prepared for it. I’m not here to sway anybody’s point of view; I’m here to bring awareness,” she said.

On whether she nurses any fear about coming to Nigeria considering that there is an anti-gay law in place in the country, the stylist and property management practitioner said.

“To be honest, I do not have any fears. I think there are far more critical issues that are yet to be resolved. So, why should my sexual orientation affect the next man? Nigerians that have a problem with the LGBTQ community need to mind their business and focus on the critical life and death situation at hand. Love has never killed the next man.”



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by uztalkz, Published at 12:25 AM and have 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment